Occupational hygiene is the recognition, evaluation and control of risks within the workplace.
The law requires all employers to control exposure to hazardous substances to prevent ill health. The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) (as amended) sets out how to protect both employees and others who may be exposed. The effects of failure range from mild eye irritation to chronic lung disease or even death.
McIntyre Environmental’s qualified occupational hygienists have extensive experience across a range of industries, understand the need to create safe working conditions using cost-efficient control measures, and will guide you through the 'eight steps' of COSHH to ensure your compliance.
Services include :
- Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) Testing
- Monitoring to assess operator exposure to hazardous dusts, mists, fumes, fibres and vapours
- Compressed breathing air quality assessments
- Noise at work assessments, including hearing protection suitability
- Assessment of exposure to hand-arm vibration (HAV)
- Compilation, completion and review of COSHH assessments
- Sick-building syndrome assessments
Contact Us for an informal discussion of your Occupational Hygiene requirements and the most practical and cost effective way to conform to the most recent legislation.